Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dessert Hangover

It had to happen sometime. My insatiable sweet tooth finally got the better of me. Last night I attended a baby shower featuring loads of delicious goodies and I decided to try one of each. This resulted in a ridiculous amount of treats in a short period of time, I'm talking 10+. All I can say is that the idea sounded (and tasted) good at the time.

Bad idea. This morning I woke up with a splitting headache and have been lethargic and irritable all day. I'm guessing it's a major crash due to my body trying to cope with all the sugar I ingested. I am sure that my dietitican friends out there are appalled. I promise, I have learned my lesson and am a changed woman. Well, at least until I meet another gooey chocolate confection...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My body would have reacted the exact same way. It's like when I was finishing off a bag of PB M&Ms today and knowing I would regret it...but I just kept going.

Lisa said...

Don't worry Nollie, I also sampled each of the desserts last night. Do you think it's a sign that my body is so used to that much crap in it that I had no reaction to it whatsoever this morning???

merathon said...

yes, nollie, i am APPAULED!! just kiddin, babe. we've all got our splurges every now and then! sorry you're feeling so crappy though!

Jenn Knight said...

Haha... this could be an excerpt from my diary. I'm with you, babe... I know how it feels!! But then by like 8pm that night, you totally forget about it and start craving something else sweet.:)