Fabulous news: The King's Speech, winner of this year's Academy Awards for Best Actor (Colin Firth - you know, the real Mr. Darcy), Best Picture, and Best Director is coming out with a PG-13 version that edits a scene where his unconventional Australian speech therapist encourages the stuttering king to let out a string of profanities in the hopes of loosening his tongue.This is one movie I've been dying to see and it would be grand if they released the newer version in theaters so we could have the true moviegoing experience. If not, I'll happily settle for a cozy night on the couch.
Here's to the dream that Hollywood is seeing that there are commercial prospects for smart, well-made, movies without the more unsavory elements.
6 comments:
that is fabulous news! i really have wanted to see this movie and since i heard it was just ONE profanity scene, i had been debating whether we should just go see it and cover my ears when it got to that part. now it looks like i won't have to! think they'll release it on redbox or netflix?
No way! I've been whining to everyone that I wanted to see it. My MIL said the same thing...that it all came from one scene. I thought maybe I could time my bladder and just take a little potty break during that scene!!!
Hooray! Did you see the montage they did for all the best picture nominees during the Oscars that was set to a voice-over from The King's Speech. It was pretty awesome. And made me want to see the movie that much more.
I have been dying to see this and was so close to tweaking my own personal rules for it (how easy I fold). It's the only movie that I have actually wanted to see all year long!
Here is the link to the Best Picture montage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONCVJvbp27M
Maybe I'm the only one who thought it was cool.
Yeah! I really, really wanted to see this. Now I don't have to wait 10 years for it to show edited on TV!
Post a Comment