Meandering through the streets of Charleston to take in the genteel Southern ambience. I loved walking along the streets overlooking the harbor and Ft. Sumter.
Admiring the gorgeous architecture and trying to eavesdrop on the history lessons given by the tour guides in the carriages.
(L to R: Jenn, Lizzie, Emily, Cami, me, and Kristina - I heart these ladies!)
Discovering the boardwalk from the beach to the bike path. My dream...
Pedaling along the beach in a very stiff headwind, collecting shells and sand dollars to take home as souvenirs for kiddos (18 among the 6 of us!). I found a beautiful shell, only to bring it home and discover it reeked horribly - the former inhabitant must have died inside.
Admiring the putting green behind the clubhouse of the Ocean Course (home of the 2012 PGA Championship, for any of you out there who obsessively follow golf or are married to someone who does).
Posing for a shot of the clubhouse in honor of Andy. Funny how I don't golf, but get excited about courses now. Maybe it's just the gorgeous settings and fabulously designed clubhouses. This one had the most amazing cobalt blue leather armchairs in the lobby.
Preparing meals in here and wishing this were my real kitchen. We found fresh brownies waiting for us upon arrival.
Spending afternoons leisurely toodling around on beach bikes
Taking a little rest on the joggling board.
Eating yummy meals and midnight snacks of brownies and Blue Bell Ice Cream. We had dinner at the clubhouse one night, overlooking the beach and watching the sun set. Great atmosphere, but subpar food and very slow service. Maybe it was because we didn't order any alcohol. Thankfully we each got a free dessert after having to wait an hour for our food. But we went to an amazing pizza place the next day that more than compensated.
Chillin' in here some more, staying up until 3 or 4 a.m. two of the nights.
Preparing meals in here and wishing this were my real kitchen. We found fresh brownies waiting for us upon arrival.
Spending afternoons leisurely toodling around on beach bikes
Eating yummy meals and midnight snacks of brownies and Blue Bell Ice Cream. We had dinner at the clubhouse one night, overlooking the beach and watching the sun set. Great atmosphere, but subpar food and very slow service. Maybe it was because we didn't order any alcohol. Thankfully we each got a free dessert after having to wait an hour for our food. But we went to an amazing pizza place the next day that more than compensated.
3 comments:
Hey Nollie,
Looks awesome. I am jealous and have never done a girls trip before. But know my time will come.
BTW, I think if you soak that shell in bleach/water mixture it should take care of the smell. We picked up some stinky shells in the Bahamas last year and did that and haven't had a problem since.
Hope spring is coming soon for you guys! Still have snow on the ground here. :)
What an awesome trip and gorgeous house. Tim and I came up to Columbus a few weeks ago (he had an interview) and wished we could have stopped in to say hi. We have a great friend from med school you are friends with (Jessica Anderson) just an FYI.
I would vote for that house as the WSJ house of the day if you know what I mean. It looks amazing.
Post a Comment