
Since Ben is finally old enough to grasp the concept of Easter egg hunts and other traditions, we decided to go ahead and celebrate in full swing. Somehow, making holiday-themed pancakes has become our M.O., so on on Saturday I made Ben Easter bunny pancakes. Martha Stewart won't be calling for any tips soon, but at least they were recognizable. Ben suggested using beans as the bunny's whiskers and he ended up trying them and loving them! This coming from the person who proclaimed last week, "Mom, I like soda, TV, and junk food. I don't like fruit." Pretty typical kid, I'd say.

On Friday night I made him a very basic Easter basket and set it on the kitchen table for him to find in the morning. Of course he ended up getting up for a drink and discovered his basket. We convinced him to only eat one piece of candy and leave the rest for morning. I then hid the eggs around our living room and he had fun doing a mini Easter egg hunt when he woke up.

If you're wondering where I got a strawberry blonde child, the answer is she isn't mine. A good friend is spending a month in the hospital on mandatory bedrest, so Ben and I went over to her house to decorate Easter eggs with her mom and kids. We managed to only spill a little bit of dye and the kids loved when I wrote something on their egg using the magic crayon and then they had to dye the egg to find out what I wrote.

Sienna and Tanner, hard at work. We also got to enjoy strawberry shortcake after our decorating and Sienna went hog wild with the Cool Whip.

I love dyeing eggs, as well as eating the boiled insides afterwards. So Heather (and Julie) thanks for letting us come over and wreak havoc at your house, while I indulged my holiday urge.
4 comments:
love the bunny pancake, love the cute belly shot...and love that you are having a girl! yay! congrats...i can't wait to hear about all your decorating ideas!:)(can i put one more exclamation point in there. yikes.)
I love the picture of Ben eating candy with that glazed look. And that quote is priceless. I can just hear him saying those words.
Tell Ben that we love TV, soda, and junk food too! Kids say out-loud what we all think but don't dare to say! I love the bunny pancake.
I too really enjoyed Ben's eyes on the candy pic, sometimes we all feel that sugar shock after Easter. Thanks so much for coming and decorating eggs with the kids. Wish I could've been there too.
Post a Comment