Monday, October 17, 2011

Boot Scootin' Boogie





It's officially fall and I can't get enough of riding boots. Is it too much to want a black pair even though there's already a brown pair sitting in my closet? Yes, yes, they say brown is a neutral that goes with everything, but there's just something trés chic about black.



On a related-note: We're quickly approaching our fifth Ohio winter and I still haven't invested in real snow boots. Perhaps it's some form of denial/wishful thinking that the the climate will somehow magically transform so such hard-core gear is not necessary. My trusty rain boots dutifully keep out the slush, but leave my tootsies chilly. In years past, I've just worn thin slippers inside my boots over my socks to stay warm. But recently at Old Navy I discovered some turquoise fleece rain boot liners that will solve the problem perfectly and look something like this.




Et, voila!


Welly Warmers. I can't wait to use them. I take that back - actually, I can.


To snow and Ohio's notorious "wintry mix": Don't visit the Midwest for a long, long time this year. May we have at least a few more weeks of glorious fall weather, pretty please?


What are you doing to bask in fall glory? I have a sister who looks forward to pulling out her sweaters each year. Another sister and I, on the other hand, see how far into the season we can last until we break down and are forced to wear socks. Are you excited to bundle up and hunker down for winter?

4 comments:

merathon said...

you definitely need black. over the years i have accumulated not just brown and black knee high boots, but also camel and gray!

i saw those fleece liners at target the other day too. i did buy some snow boots last year when we moved here and i was very grateful i had them... especially when we went on our trip to NYC during a blizzard!

Bekka said...

Buy the black. I applaud any reason to own multiple pairs of boots and coats. I live in Arizona where boot season is approximately 37 hours; I own three pairs:)

Liz said...

Winter? I think the high is 98 today.

Brittany said...

Funny...I finally broke down and bought winter boots for the first time in my life last year at the Eddie Bauer outlet and it was a miracle in my life. Not sure after having lived in VA and OH how I missed it for so many years but if you actually have winter gear, winter isn't so bad. Funny how that works. Can't wait to hear all about your trip. J's in town and has our cell phone. I'm jealous!