Monday, January 24, 2011

The Tax Man Cometh...Hooray!

Does anyone else get excited about doing their taxes?

As our W-2s, 1099s, and charitable giving statements flow in, I get giddy with the prospect of the impending tax return. Who said there aren't benefits to having a mortgage, student loans, and children? My head fills with dreams of adventures we could take with the money we get back, but in reality our tax returns for four years running have gone to retire debt. But after this year we'll be student loan free!

Gotta love this to make tax preparation a snap!
What do you do/will you do with your tax return?
Is there something you'd rather use it for instead?

5 comments:

merathon said...

oh yes--i am the same as you. i cannot wait to start plugging in the numbers in turbotax and watching the return number go from red to green! and how about the tax benefits of tithing?? woohoo!

we were student loan free as of last february and it was a beautiful thing-- congrats to you for being done with them this year as well!

Aaron and Triné said...

I'm so jealous that you'll be done with student loans this year. We're just going to be gearing up for ours.

Deming Family said...

That is so amazing your loans will be done this year! Congratulations! This year we're going to Disneyland with ours! I can't wait...I'm the same as you! As soon as I get all my statements my taxes are done within days. Be sure and update what you end up using your return on!

Brittany said...

So which is better...Turbo Tax or H&R Block?

Nollie said...

I'd say TurboTax is worth any extra money you'd pay because it's gotten us bigger returns than with other services we've used.

Trish, to answer your question, part of our return is going to replace our ghetto dishwasher that leaves our dishes dirtier than when they started.