Wednesday, October 13, 2010

We're back!

It's been ages since I posted any actual pictures of our comings, goings, and daily happenings. I think my mom may be about ready to hop on a plane to OH to get some glimpses of the grandbabies. The reason/excuse behind the blogging absence is that I got a new camera (hooray!), but still had to face the prospect of actually downloading pictures when the card reader my mom gave me (a.k.a. picture dowloading for dummies) wouldn't work with the new memory card. Yipes! So with 100 pictures from our summer adventures freshly loaded onto my hard drive, here are the most recent ones.

Why, you may ask yourself, are you bothering to post a picture of an empty backyard, with only a blanket spread on the grass to keep it company?
Upon closer inspection, you will find that the lump is Ben asleep, wrapped up in a blanket with Harry Potter #2 beside him. We've been basking in the glorious fall weather and he begged me to read to him, but I'd only do it if we were outside on the grass. I'd spent an hour on the couch with him that morning reading, and he's really loving the book. Lucy and I also spent an hour outside earlier that afternoon while she played in the leaf pile and I soaked up the sun while reading my latest book club assignment. A truly glorious afternoon, considering the book was "The Happiness Project" and I was outside reading, both things which get my happiness juices flowing.



1 comment:

Kaylee D said...

This post warms my heart. I love that Ben is discovering the wonderful wizarding world of Harry Potter! That is the story of our lives, falling asleep with a good book next to us! Miss you guys!