I love traditions and we don't have that many in our family, so I decided that this year we'd make heart-shaped pancakes. Since Ben has to have different ones, we dyed his red to add to the festive mood.
Andy's free-hand heart-shaped pancake. I started trying to make the pancakes in a tiny heart-shaped cookie cutter, but it was taking too long so we decided to free-hand it. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for a large heart-shaped mold for next year.
My feeble attempt at a heart pancake. Thankfully, Ben didn't seem to mind.
Mixing the batter...
Ben's haul from his first-ever school Valentine's Day party. I had a bout of nostalgia, getting excited for him to show me each different Valentine. Did anyone else love doing that in elementary school? Decorating your little V-day letter box or envelope then awaiting anxiously to see who would give you what card? My most memorable was in the fifth grade when I got an unsigned Michael Jordan valentine enscribed with the words, "I Like You." I spent the rest of the day looking around the room, wondering which boy gave it to me. I have my suspicions, but never found out the giver.
1 comment:
I loved going through all my valentines too - and making the box! I forgot about that. I love getting a chance to experience fun stuff like that again as a mom!
Post a Comment