To celebrate the end of the flu epidemic at our house, we went out last Friday night and got ice cream. It was the inaugural family outing in the car we got last week to replace the Subaru we've been borrowing from Andy's sister for the last nine months. Technically, it's not really a new car, but it's new to us. After lots of homework and obsessively checking Craiglist for months, we got a Honda Accord with, as a total bonus, a stick shift. Andy and I both drove a stick in high school and haven't done so since. I managed not to kill it on the test drive, as I did a million times driving to school for the first time my junior year of HS (that's a funny story for another time).
For our treat we went to a local frozen custard place, which I've always wanted to try because of its wierd signage. They post the quirkiest custard flavor and main dish combinations, mainly to get people's attention, I think. If you're wondering, a ButterBurger is one where they butter the bun. Just another heart-healthy way to liven up the food. The custard itself was so-so. I'll take Handel's or Jeni's Ice Cream any day over Culver's. We have become ice cream snobs and I'll list our local ratings in another post.


They serve alot of Walleye at this restaurant - not the most appetizing name for a fish.

Another appealing combo that I snapped last fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment