Thursday, April 28, 2011

Will You Be Watching?

The royal wedding is tomorrow morning - let the countdown begin! My DVR is all cued up and ready to record Wills and Kate's every step and my little sister recently arrived in London for her study abroad program, just in time to witness firsthand the global media extravaganza.

Maybe she can score one of these - a knockoff of THE engagement ring.



Not to be left out, Columbus's own gourmet ice cream purveyor even created its own special flavors inspired by the wedding of the century. I'll take a scoop of Prince William's Chocolate Biscuit Groom's Cake, please.






What do you think of all the hoopla? Bah humbug or jolly good fun?

7 comments:

Brittany said...

See, I bet you're glad you've got DVR now!!!! Let's compare notes when all is said and done~

Heather said...

dang, no dvr. Jolly good fun, says I.

Britni said...

It's fun...it's recorded for me to watch later :)

Debbie said...

I have to admit something - not only have I recorded the wedding, but I also recorded and watched the William and Kate made for tv movie on lifetime. I may also have watched the 20/20 special last night. That's what happens when the husband is working overnight and Landon is in bed. I blame them.

Margaret said...

I'm a total anglophile royal watcher--there the secret is out. I'm having post royal wedding let down. I made the Chocolate Biscuit Cake for my bookgroup on Thursday night to mark the occasion and it was excellent. I'll definitely be making another one of those in the near future...
Hope you enjoyed!

Nollie said...

Deb, can't wait to hear about how was the Lifetime movie was. I can only imagine the vast scope of human drama and tears involved.

Margaret - I LOVE that you made the cake and wish I could have been there. Not only to partake, but because it would be such fun to be in a book group with you! Can you send me the recipe and the list of books your group has read recently?? Our VT tea party complete with your polka dot Kate Spade china is still one of my favorite Boston memories. :)

Andrea Holley said...

Jolly good fun! I loved it! I went to a party Friday morning to watch it with a bunch of other moms and little ones . . . so fun!