I attended the ceremony at the Mesa Temple and then got to go out for delicious greasy Mexican food with our best AZ friends, Carley and Jake Heller. We hit it off right away when we moved to Tempe in 2002 and have stayed in touch ever since. It was so nice to be able to sit down and pick up right where we left off, although it's been over a year since we've seen each other. Carley is what I call my "Mommy Mentor," a person whom I admire and would like to emulate in many spheres of my life, not just motherhood. Jake is always fun to talk to because he is a feisty Italian and I love playing devil's advocate with him. I relished the yummy tacos and fiery salsa - we haven't found any such outstanding food here in OH. Andy says he's tainted from living in AZ - why bother going to Mexican food anywhere else?
Katie and Ferenc at their wedding reception. Katie was one of my young women when I was a leader and holds a special spot in my heart. She has overcome alot in her life and I'm so proud of the person she's become. Is it tacky that I'm wearing white to a wedding? Didn't think of that until it was too late. It was also really nice to see members of our old church congregation at the reception. Andy and I loved the people in our ward.
Thanks to Bekka and Randy for letting me crash on their couch. They treated me out to a night on the town in Scottsdale and then out for delicious fro-yo afterward. On Saturday morning Bekka and I took a long walk around the ASU campus and had a nice chat. Bekka was an undergrad at ASU while we lived there and I miss having her so close! Plus, she has tons of fun magazines to read at her house so I could catch up on all the latest fashion and gossip.
A very bad picture of the restaurant we went to in Scottsdale - AZ 88. You can't beat gorgeous flower arrangements and great food. I felt so footloose and fancy free. Too bad I stuck out among all the gay hipsters and Scottsdale hardbodies and fashionistas with my big belly.On the way home I hopped on an earlier flight from Detroit to Columbus and was bumped up to first class. Sadly, the flight was only 35 minutes long so the luxury was short-lived. But I got a taste of how the other half flies: Free candy bars and fresh fruit and legroom galore. Someday it would be nice to fly first class for real. I felt a bit like an impostor.
Next post: What Andy and Ben did while I was gone...
5 comments:
We're glad you came! P.S. I look like I smoked a doobie in that picture. What happens in Arizona, stays in Arizona.
Sounds like a fun trip! Loved that you got to ride first class on the way home. :)
I had to do a triple take at Katie...My goodness, she was a beehive last time I saw her! I am so happy to see she is doing well. And YOU look GREAT!!
thanks so much for coming!! it meant a lot to have you there. i wish we had more of a chance to talk, but we'll have to catch you next time you're in town!
Your baby belly is so cute!!! You look HOT!
Post a Comment